When I’m in the mood for something carb-y, then there’s nothing I like more than cooking up some scalloped potatoes. And it’s not just me – my husband just can’t get enough of them.
Instead of being lazy and throwing some chips in the oven or a jacket potato into the microwave, scalloped potatoes can also be the perfect accompaniment to any meal – especially meat and fish dishes. But, the majority of recipes I see online for potatoes can be a bit complex, and it really doesn’t have to be. Scalloped potatoes are almost as easy to eat as they are to cook!
In my years cooking, I’ve tried making scalloped potatoes in a ton of different ways and they always seem to come out differently. I’ve cooked them this way for a few years and I’ve got to tell you – they’re delicious. So, if you get the time here’s my super scalloped potatoes recipe!
- 2 Yukon Gold potatoes peeled and sliced into 1/8-inch rounds
- 3/8 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 tbsp butter
- 1/8 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp greek yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/16 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped leek
- Preheat Oven to 325 degrees F . Grease a baking tin.
- Put Potato and onions in prepared baking dish.
- Melt butter in a pan over medium heat; stir in self-rising flour until smooth. Gradually add vegetable broth, Greek yogurt, garlic, salt, cilantro, poultry seasoning, and pepper; cook and stir until thick and bubbly, about 2 minutes. Pour Greek yogurt mixture over potatoes and onion. Cover baking dish with aluminum foil.
- In the preheated oven bake until the potatoes are soft, about 45 minutes. Remove foil and continue to cook for about 15 minutes.
- Add chives and serve.
Overall, this is one of the easiest scalloped potato recipes that pretty much anyone can make. You don’t even need all of the ingredients listed, and if you’re missing some sort of seasoning then it shouldn’t have a massive effect on the taste of the potatoes. Of course, you can easily substitute some stuff into the recipe too if you prefer.
Hopefully, you’ll get the time to try this scalloped potato recipe as it’s absolutely delicious and you won’t regret giving it a try.